Solar power is the ability to convert energy from the sun into usable electricity. Sunlight is either directly harnessed as thermal energy (heat) or through the use of photovoltaic cells in solar panels and transparent photovoltaic glass. Solar-electric or photovoltaics (PV) technology converts sunlight directly into electricity. PV can provide electricity for residential and commercial building
If you are confident about what type of solar power system that you are looking for, and are just looking to get a quote, then click here.
Solar Panel Key Components
What role do these components play?
– The Encapsulation / Back Sheet provides a layer of protection for the solar cells from the environment and provides electrical insulation.
– The Frame is typically made up of aluminum and is necessary to provide structural stability and for mounting the panels.
– The Solar Cells are connected in series via Busbars and Cross-Connectors.
There are other essential parts to a solar energy system apart from the panels themselves. To produce your own power, and gain independence from your utility company, you need a complete solar power system. The essential components:
– Solar panels, to capture energy from the sun
– An inverter, to convert that energy to a form that can power our devices
– Racking, the foundation on which you attach your system
If you add a battery storage solution to your solar energy system to store the energy produced by your panels, you should understand the parts that go into the battery components. An Energy Storage System (ESS), includes battery and power processing units (inverter).
Batteries Pack to store the energy that is captured by the solar panels. Commonly known ones are the Tesla Powerwall, LG Chem, and Q.HOME.
Charge controller, also known as a battery regulator helps to control the rate at which batteries charge from solar. It prevents overcharging and limits the rate at which electric current is drawn, improving the performance of your battery and reducing safety risks.
Inverters – This connects the solar PV system to the battery system to change the energy captured by the solar panels (DC energy) to the energy that can be used by your household devices (AC energy).